CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Green Day

If I wasn't a parent and I read the title of this blog, I'd immediately think of the band, Green Day. Ahhhh, but I'm the parent of a kindergartner who is "studying" colors in school. Today was Green Day for Aiden. On Saturday, several days before "green day" Aiden asked me when green day was. I was a bit interested in why he wanted to know about this particular color when blue is his favorite. One the other hand, his JETS loving father knew why and sat quietly with a smile on his face. I told Aiden that it was Wednesday and Aiden immediately declared that he would wear his JETS jersey for green day. The problem, the jersey is 2 sizes too small for him. I had actually just cleaned out his drawers a few weeks ago and found the jersey. I knew that this would be an article clothing that I would keep instead of passing it on to his cousin. I should have immediately packed it away so that Aiden would not have been able to go to school today wearing the too small shirt. But away he went, proud to be wearing the jersey of his Dad's favorite football team. As we walked to the bus, we talked about what they might do at school for "green day." He guessed that they might make zucchini muffins since zucchini's are green. I silently doubted that his teacher would make zucchini muffins for 19 kindergartners, so when Rebekah and I got home from the bus stop, we made a batch of zucchini muffins for Aiden to have when he comes home from school.

GOOOOO JETS!!



















1 comments:

the swimmer said...

Cute pix - Rebekah looks more like you every day- and I love your new blog!!