CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rainy Day

It's a rainy day today---a much needed rainy day!! I love the idea of a rainy day--stuck inside, dry and cozy. The only thing that would make it better is if Aiden were here to ask me to build a tent out of sheets. Guess I'll have to wait for a snow day for that. The thing that makes me sad that he isn't here is that I got a call this morning from the school nurse saying that Aiden had been in her office because his teacher thought he had a fever--no fever--he just told the nurse that he missed his mommy! It took all I had not to hop in the car and bring him home to our cozy house.

Rebekah decided this morning that she was going to take the disks from Aiden's Nerf disk gun and make stepping stones for her little people. There are stepping stones at our Church and the kids love walking on them. I guess Rebekah wanted to share that fun with her little people. To make this cozy, rainy day even better, Mike came home from work early--the kindergarten cooties have set in and he is the first to have a cold. It's not good that he's sick, but it's nice having him in the house. Rebekah cozied up to him after lunch and promptly fell asleep. This rainy day isn't just good for the grass, it's good for the soul.

2 comments:

Cindy Hersman said...

Oh sweet baby girl!

Kristin said...

Oh break my heart,Aiden!! So sweet...